Have a nice time @ my place. Muah!

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Tongue Twisters!



There are so many things that people do around me and I find them quite funny! I just find it ridiculous when I hear a beta naija man or woman trying to twist his or her tongue while talking to someone who is not a Nigerian or who has a tush (American/British etc) accent. Can't people just be real to themselves and people around them? Why can't the oyibo person try to talk like us instead? Must we bite our tongues to be understood? Must we try to impress anybody? Biko the tin just taya me!

Several times I've been in places where I'm having a conversation with someone who I know can't even speak complete english sef and an oyibo-speaking person comes around and the switching of tongue ehn na die! #smh. Anyways, I like me and my naija tongue, I don't have to switch the way I talk just to impress anybody. I actually have a sister-in-law who is not Nigerian and I speak pidgin english with her make she sabi my own tongue too. Lol.

Bottom line is be yourself, do not change to give a false impression, be proud of who you are regardless of where you find yourself. That is not to say you can't learn new things to make you be a better person. 

Be good, be calm, until I come your way again soonest...

I still remain...Didislim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write it 'ere